Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Oh, Paolo

This morning, my roommate introduced me to Paolo Nutini. It was a beautiful moment.

Paolo Nutini is a Scottish singer/guitar player who would sound like John Mayer with a cold. His voice is gritty and slightly horse, and his album sets poetic lyrics to predominantly mellow music. The combination is magic. I would like to think of myself as a person on the forefront of the music scene now - someone who knows of an obscure and wonderful artist. However, I just found out that one of his songs is playing on the radio. That puts a bit of a damper on my day - knowing that I'm not quite as hip or savvy as I thought I was - but the CD is still good. It's called "These Streets," and it's great background music for a rainy day. Coincidentally, it's been raining a lot lately.

-Casey

No comments: